Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Craft Area Organization



One day when my mom walked downstairs, she realized the basement mess had gotten out of hand. We have been using this long table for crafts but it had become a dumping ground. She started with the table but  didn't have enough space to store everything, so she organized the whole basement.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                


I'm embarrassed to show you the 'before' picture because it's so bad but being able to show you the 'after' makes it bearable. I just love the feeling you get after everything is organized!

We put the long table and our old kitchen table (that had been the kid's tent for the past year)  together to form a bigger work space. The space under the tables is storage for future projects and supplies.


We are loving this clean, organized space to work in! Already have stuff we're working on: fixing an old stool and painting it and repainting an ugly painting.



While cleaning out the other storage space we found a peg board, it already had a frame around it but it was brown and ugly. Some paint changed that really quickly. For the sign, we lightly painted a piece of pallet wood and added the words free hand, then sanded a bit for a rustic look.

   We spray painted some cans and screwed them to the peg-board to have more work space on the table, plus I like having all the paint brushes at eye level.                           

These shelves were made from some drawers of an old dresser found on the side of the road. Even the shelving and front were parts of the drawers that were broken. We found a ton of  paints at a yard sale awhile back for $11, we use them a lot  and were definitely a good deal!


Even the shelves on the table were rescued from the roadside, they just needed a little cleaning up.  Anyone notice the top wall that covers the heating vents and look like tile, Mom painted those to add a little interest when we finished the basement. We also found a remnant of carpet from when the house was built and it fit this spot perfectly! This project was absolutely free!!!  All  it took was a little elbow grease.   
 
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job. I'm getting ready to organize my basement and it is just overwhelming. You give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks great! I love working in a craft space that's organized and it's so easy to find whatever you need :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge improvement; plenty of space to work on my pallet wood signs!

      Delete
  3. This came out great!!! I can't wait to organize my sewing/craft area. Stopping by from Sumo's Sweet Stuff linky party and your newest follower.

    Stop by when you have a moment. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation!! And what a great space! Thank so much for sharing & linking up to the "Organize It" party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to help! It's so great finding new and inspiring things to do with all the things you have!

      Delete
  5. Holy cow! I am so envious of this space! It is beautiful. The 'before' picture looks very familiar (you should see my house) so this is really inspiring. I love that you have this space for this. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kind of embarrassing to share, but as I said the after makes it worth it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I love the transformation. I'm jealous that you have such awesome people in your area that through such awesome things away! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need to organize our garage. My husband wants both cars but I'd rather have a craft space. It's been too hot this Summer to work and it still is over 100 F so next month we can start working in there again. :) It's amazing that you were able to it for FREE. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article admin thanks for share your atricle keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check long sleeve shirts girls polo shirts kindly review and reply me

    ReplyDelete